Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Monday, October 6, 2014

It's a boy!!!

 

 
 
 
We were soooo excited to find out the sex of this baby! I was talking to friends about it and was really torn. I thought it would be so fun to dress a baby girl, but also I feel like they are so much more expensive. I thought it would be so sweet to see Heath with a baby girl, and then I pictured a sassy teenager. I'll miss out on that mother-daughter bond, BUT these 3 boys will forever be brothers and have their own unique bond, and I can look forward to having some sweet daughter-in-law's in the far, far future! Between the boy clothes we already own, boy toys, and the rough-and-tumble way my boys play, I really desired another little boy to add to the mix- and we got one!!!
 
We went to my doctor apt on Fall Break, and I was so thankful my boys could come to the appointment and really understand it. Cory was Mr. Textbook and pointing out all the body parts, and Easton loved to hear the heartbeat and watch the baby kick & move.
 


 
What's funny is Cory asked the sonographer if she was a doctor, and she said no, that she was a sonographer. Cory looked at me and said, "Isn't that what you were going to be too?" That sparked the whole story of what happened and the sonographer had actually heard about what happened at ATC. She said it was terrible because that was a really good program, and warned me (this is like the 8th person now) not to go to a school that's not accredited, for example, Gwinnett Tech. She was also the second person to confirm that it was not the teacher's fault, as she did not retire on a whim. Makes more sense that way, as I never understood why this teacher would interview all of us, accept us, and then decide to retire and cancel the program? Seemed a bit shady, and I'm glad to know she didn't have those intentions. It was something bigger at the school's Health Care & Science level, and I'm sure I'll never really know why it was cancelled. (Maybe so I could have this baby?!?!)
 
Anyways, I do love to go to those appointments, and picture myself in the scrubs, looking at babies and getting paid to do it. Maybe one day.
 
 
 
Back to the present though- our baby is 100% healthy, & everything looks great! We are feeling incredibly blessed to bring another little boy into our family, and into the world. I love, love, my boys and can't wait for another! 
 
 
I took a picture of our family of 4 and can't believe it'll soon be 5!!!!!!
 
 
Now to pick a name......
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment