Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Thursday, October 30, 2014

22 Weeks

Over halfway there!!

We had our 22-week apt on Wednesday, October 29th, & everything looked great. The heartbeat has slowed from the 160's to the 143, I have awesome blood pressure, my weight gain is right where I had my personal goal set, & I was measuring 24 weeks by fundal height. My doc was quick to reassure me that measuring ahead did not change my due date by one day! It's baby #3, my body has been there, done that, and just being short means my belly is loud and proud. :) They did not do an ultrasound to see how much he weighs, but my pregnancy app says around 1 lb.

If you've read any of my posts lately on Facebook, you know that I've been getting the not-so-nice comments already and I have to say, it's shocking- more so because I expected this much later in the game, not in the 2nd trimester. I know friends tell me to brush it off, but it's hard when strangers freely and negatively comment on your body, and it's all from women?! Ladies- you've had children too, why so quick to forget what it feels like? I don't mean the good-natured teasing from friends/family either, I'm talking about the random people who just speak before thinking. It's hurtful. What makes it even weirder is they're not saying I'm big, the comments are all about my stomach being too big- something I have zero control over. I'm like, that's my uterus....sorry??? The one thing I do enjoy about sharing these comments on social media are the stories I hear back from friends about what mean things strangers have said to them- it helps me feel less alone. At 20ish weeks, I'm still polite, but at 30 weeks I'm sure I'll be less so. I also get the great comments too- thank you for those sweet ones, friends! I hang onto them and remind myself of what you said when I get the bad ones.

Baby boy still needs a name!!! I have no idea what this sweet one will be called. Heath and I just quit talking about it- no worries, I'm sure he'll have one by birth. I know what he won't be named, ha ha, we've ruled out a lot. Pretty awesome to know our Heavenly Father already knows his name, right?

Here's big boy's debut for this month:




Symptoms/Cravings: NO cravings, other than feeling much better than those first 15 weeks. Feeling back to my normal eating (although I do need to watch my sweets intake), but veggie plates have been a consistent meal in our house again. Getting my protein in again for breakfast and focusing on good carbs! I think just with getting bigger, and having less space helps too. I don't feel good after a big meal, or anything heavy. I'd rather eat smaller portions, it doesn't make me feel as slow and sluggish plus helps with those intestinal issues- I hate constipation! I'd rather eat my fruits & veggies and keep things regular, you know? You know.

I'm still enjoying my sleep. I'd say I get up once or twice a night to use the bathroom, but I can almost always fall right back asleep. The baby is kicking all the time, but not the kind that keeps me awake yet. He is low and does kick down frequently, I've tried all kinds of ways to flip him, but he settles right back in position, and proceeds to kick my cervix, it's the weirdest feeling. I am having this nerve pain that starts somewhere in my right hip and goes down my right leg, only at night, but I don't really know much that can be done about that. I brought it up at my apt yesterday, and she said really the only thing they could do is suggest physical therapy. Not doing that, so hoping it won't get worse over time and it'll just be something that disappears after baby boy makes his appearance. In February. Yes- February, strangers.

We did "book" the official date yesterday too, the C-section is scheduled. This baby will come no later than Tuesday, February 24th, 2015. Now that it's almost November it's feeling more real!!! We'll be a family of 5 and I'll have three, beautiful boys!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment