Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Saturday, June 8, 2013

King Green

When we first moved in our house, we knew the lawn needed some work, but it was October and I was pregnant with Easton, so naturally we put it on the list for the next year. Well, Easton came in April and HA HA. I think I just struggled to function that summer and so again, the lawn was ignored. Finally, the next summer I looked into some landscaping companies, and decided they were way too high and since I was at home and love working outside, i.e. tanning, I would do it. Hats off to those with a green thumb because I killed every flower I planted, walked into every hidden bee's nest, stepped into every ant hill, and haphazardly lopped off low-lying branches. I put down bag after bag of weed removal, fertilizer, grass seed, sand, water, and nothing worked. At the end of the summer I gave up. I am pretty stubborn, but knew when to quit.

Most of you know my little journey with Advocare, and after discussing it with Heath, we decided to invest in one of those lawn care companies, and take it straight from our Plan B income. I called around to gather prices and all of them were within $5 of each other. Heath and I were trying to decide who to go with, when I received one of those automated phone calls from one company, letting me know of my new enrollment and telling me they'd be out within the week. Wait a minute...we didn't sign up for anything yet?! What's funny is since they were actually the cheaper company we were leaning towards them, but then after they signed us up for service without our permission, they were out of the running. We ended up choosing King Green for many different reasons, one of them was their no-pressure tactics, and the biggest one being their personalized service. The other two companies I called asked me the square footage of our lawn (which is hilarious in its own) and quoted us a price. King Green came to the house to measure the lawn that needed treatment, and then explained what weeds we had, which ones would be the most stubborn to treat, and which ones were warm weather, meaning we wouldn't even see a difference until it was above 80. They assured us it would take time, but they would make our lawn look great, and there was no contract to sign. If we were unhappy at any time, we would just call and cancel. They come out 8 times a year, and explained what they would be doing each time. My friend Amanda, who I went to high school with, works there and also explained that if we wanted to skip some treatments we could, but there were a few treatments not to skip, and she mapped out the details. It was wonderful to not try to be upsold or pressured in any way.

King Green has only treated our lawn twice so far, but you can see the HUGE difference for yourself in the pictures. Each treatment is 6-8 weeks apart, and I believe they first came out in March. They were running a special the first month, and we received $25 off. I felt confident knowing if I didn't see a difference in 8 weeks, I had only paid $30, and we would just cancel.

Here's the before:


 
 
 
 
Pretty bad, right? I know, we were ashamed.

Here's the after, just 2 treatments later:



Doesn't even look like the same lawn does it? It's amazing! I feel fancy schmancy.

This one's my favorite as it shows the difference in where our lawn ends, and our neighbor's starts. We're on the right, they are on the left.


There's like an invisible line between our houses, it's crazy.

I'm loving our lawn as it is, and King Green is still calling it a work in progress. I can't wait to see it a year from now! Finally a lawn to be proud of. You know it's bad when our neighbors even drop by to tell us they like what we're doing to our yard. :)

Is King Green paying me to say this? I wish. Just a happy customer. They do have a referral program where if you decide to start service with them, and tell them I referred you, and they will take $25 off your first treatment and $25 off one of mine. I'd highly recommend them if your looking for a more personalized experience that's actually affordable, with no fine print!

Here's their website if you want to check out their details: http://www.kinggreen.com/!








1 comment:

  1. i LOVE Amanda! So awesome that you are able to work with her! exciting for your yard too ;)

    ReplyDelete