His graduation was set for 9am, which I was excited about until I learned we'd be leaving at 6:30am to get there.....good thing for Advocare or I don't know how awake I'd of been! Heath stayed home with Easton, as neither one of us wanted to keep up with a 2 yr old, and Cory and I left. Daniel only received 5 tickets for family members, so it was just immediate family there, and his grad party was set for that afternoon with everyone.
We got in our seats around 8:30ish and didn't have to wait too long. We had no idea which way the graduates would walk across the stage so we just hoped for the best. Turns out, they walked across the stage away from us, which was fine, because my Dad and I ran to the other side to get those pictures. I did feel bad because my brother looked a little confused when he was in line and couldn't figure out where we were. I got to video tape him walk across stage from a really close angle, and I was SCREAMING his name, and he never heard me or saw me. They do say you get in the zone up there! :)
I was SO, SO, proud of him, I can't even imagine how my parents felt. It was the COOLEST thing when they asked for all of the engineers in the room to rise, and 2/3 of the students stood up. I felt like I was in the smartest room of people! Immediately I thought of Proverbs, and thought well I'll just be quiet.......ha! (Proverbs 17:28)
We don't look alike, do we?
GOOOOOO Daniel!!
He was so far away and I have the cheapest camera that I didn't even bother trying. I just video taped it, and these pics are from my parent's camera. That way we have pics and video!!
It rained ALL.DAY. The few pics we took outside in Atl looked a little rough....
Check out them chords and red sash! "High honor"!
Cory was ELATED that Daniel was "coming home now." We had to explain to him that while he is now out of school....it doesn't mean Daniel just moves back home and lives there forever with nothing to do. Daniel was fourteen when I had Cory, and Cory grew up with him, literally. He was ready to have his buddy back! Poor kid, we broke his heart. I'm going to try and have Daniel over as MUCH as possible before he jet sets off somewhere crazy and we see him twice a year. Kinda sad that he got such an AWESOME degree, because it means I won't see him that much, or know his future family very well. I would make the best aunt. :)
Off track, anyways, so we got home that afternoon, I think around 2, I don't really remember and his party was supposed to start at 1. We hit traffic coming home (of course) and he was late to his own party. Good thing it couldn't start without him!
My aunt Melanie drove up that morning to cook lunch for everyone while we were at the graduation. She made some yummy tacos, thanks Melanie!! We attempted outside pictures again, but like I said, it wouldn't quit raining!
Kyle, Daniel, Curtis
With Grandma
Kyle, Barry, Daniel, Jackie, Curtis
Kyle, Daniel, Pam, Sawyer
Mom, Daniel, Grandma and Melanie
The party ended around 5pm, he got some suh-weet gifts ($$$$$$).
I had finals the following Mon and Tue, and I wanted to throw Daniel another graduation dinner AFTER that, so I could 100% focus on his big day! For anyone reading this who took AP with me, you know exactly what I mean. It turned out to be a prettier day AND he had his NEWEST graduation gift........!!!!
I cooked dinner and made a butter pecan pie which was delicious if I do say so myself! I couldn't eat much though....I saw how much butter went into that bad boy....
Let's just say it was going to be a 3-layer, before it became a 2-layer.
You'd never know, right?
Easton's potty training, thus, no pants.
Ladies, line up! This is the SWEETEST brother (and I'd tell you the truth), fresh outta school and single! I don't even think Daniel knows how good it's going to be for him yet! Such a smart 22 year old!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
All of us!
He is a babe for sure and a smart one at that lol. That's awesome!
ReplyDelete