For those of you intellectuals who read the title and clicked to read about my metaphor for life, sorry to disappoint, it's summertime and I have no genius philosophies to share today. This is literally an empty room, and I have no idea what to do with it. I need your help! It started as a toy room, which then meant my living room became this catch-all space, so the toys went back into bedrooms. It was my exercise room, and then my treadmill died, and Easton liked to get into everything, so that didn't last long either. Since it's a carpeted area we stayed away from making it a dining room. One day, in my forever home, I will get my dining room. Until then, I have this empty space to fill up and it's driving me bonkers looking at it.
See? Ready for something...but I don't know what. We've never painted, because I didn't know what kind of room it would be, and same goes for our
gorgeous "chandelier" you see hanging there. Again- make it a fan, a light, a real chandelier? I can't decided until I know what kind of room this will be.
Here's the layout for those of you willing to give me some input:
That's what you see from our kitchen. It's totally open with no doors.
Here's what you see when you're inside the room. Kitchen opening on the left side, open to the living room everywhere else.
Tips, thoughts, suggestions? I'll take them and thanks!
Make it a passive quiet area. Maybe some chairs and a side table near the windows and a book shelf? Somewhere thats close to the others rooms, but seperate enough to sit downand read...
ReplyDeleteI like! I picture almost a wicker loveseat, but my husband said that was for outdoors only and would look silly inside.....
DeleteI've solved your problems...make it a fainting room (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fainting_room). Yeah, you're welcome:).
ReplyDeleteComplete with smelling salts!
Delete