Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Easton's Birthday

Love celebrating my sweet boy's birthday! I tried to prepare myself in advance for him turning two, so the day wouldn't feel like such a toddler milestone had been reached. The month before, we took his high chair down and started putting him at the table with us, we converted his crib to a toddler bed, we started peeing in the potty, and I started addressing him as "Easton" instead of "the baby". Oh man, it was tough. Hannah nailed it on the head when she said, "Don't grow up, but I like this stage better." YES!



 

 

 

 
Tammy made this fabulously delicious cake like she did last year. Butter pecan with some sort of cream cheese frosting. Oh my goodness.....
 
 

 
 

 

 

For games we had a bean bag toss, a tractor for the kids to have their pictures with, and a craft table with wooden picture frames for the kids to decorate. One thing I didn't consider was how stinky real life tractors are. Whoops. Nobody- and I don't blame them- wanted to be near the tractor.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Rich found the skip-it     ;)
 
 
 

 
Sawyer didn't need any help making the bean bags in!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don't have many pictures because I used my video camera the whole time. I wanted to get that precious face on video as we all sang to him. It was so cute that we did it again the next day on his real birthday.
 
 
 
Daddy was feeling a little left out being on crutches and needed some extra loving before bed.
 
 
 
The next morning, he opened our presents.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Can't believe how quickly these 2 years have flown by, and it makes me ever the more grateful I've been able to be at home with him to watch all these milestones pass. Love you Eastie Peastie!
 
 



1 comment:

  1. LOVE that last picture!!!
    SUPER cute party :) Love me some party planning for real!!!
    Also that bean bag toss guy is hilarious! What the heck is that?!?!?

    ReplyDelete