Cory: "It's my birthday!"
Other: "Ha ha, April Fools, right?"
I went into labor on March 31st, and I just sighed as I watched the clock turn past midnight, knowing he would always hear that on his birthday. It was either hold him in for another 24 hours....or NOT. Alas, April 1st birthday.
His party isn't until this Saturday, because for some weird reason, Easter was in March this year, and we didn't want to take away from either event- wahoo for Christ dying for our sins! But we couldn't let his actual birthday pass with no hoorah so he woke up to our presents first. We have the boys pick out each others gifts now, and I love seeing them so excited to give.
Easton ate his breakfast while Cory opened some gifts. Like his smile?
Money!
He had been begging for a baseball bat and ball. He saw it and said, "finally!"
Like his birthday breakfast I cooked? Hey, he asked for Cheerios.
We waited for Daddy to get home to open the rest of the family gifts. He left early that day so he could come home early.
He got a badminton set, baseball bat/ball, book he wanted, football gear he needed, fishing pole, sleeping bag and pocket knife from us.
The badminton set was my idea.....he was not too excited at first. He kept saying he couldn't play it and it wouldn't be any fun. I assured him we would practice and he would love it! What is it with boys? If they're not an expert the first time, they want to give up right away. Oh wait, I do that too....
A little hopscotch before dinner!
What did my child pick for his birthday dinner? Cracker Barrel. Why? For the Froot Loops. Yes, I paid $3.99 for a bowl of Froot Loops knowing I could have bought a whole box at the store for less. Shows you I'm a mean Mommy and make my kids eat healthy. :) My Mom and Grandma met us there and surprised him. I could tell he was feeling a little down since he had already opened his presents from us, his party was a week away, and he thought the day was done. He was SO excited to see them there and they brought some gifts for him to open.
Easton was done.
Grandma bought him a story notebook. She filled it with paper, pens, pencils, stickers and erasers and wrote half of a story for him on the first page for him to complete. He loved it and got to work right away.
I brought 2 cupcakes, 1 for each boy. With two Easter baskets and cupcakes, he'll be juuuust fine until his cake on Saturday.
Can't be at Cracker Barrel and not play Checkers!
The next day we set up his badminton set. This is his face that shows how excited he was not.
THIS is his face when he got the hang of it.
I wish you could have heard him! "This is so much fun!"
Being silly.
He doesn't match....
My ghetto GENIUS tee for his ball.
I am NOT about to pitch a ball towards him, no thanks I'll keep my face.
Outta the park!
Can't wait for his football party on Saturday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment