If you're looking for that emotional post, I've deleted it. I was way wrong to vent on such a public venue and regret not cooling my jets first! Here's the revised version-
Sweet little Easton's party fell during a busy time this year. Heath had just had knee surgery and I was in between classes and I am so thankful for those that helped with this bday party!
The day after surgery, Mrs. Judy came to the rescue and brought us a FEAST to eat off of for the week. I've never seen so much food walk in my front door in my life and I had no idea how much I was going to come to appreciate it. Between keeping up with my "normal duties" but adding classes and Heath's immobility in the mix brought a fresh appreciation of all the church family and friends that stepped up, and helped. Our neighbor mowed our lawn (thanks Josh), a friend came and helped return some tables/chairs/games for us that had been sitting in our garage (thanks Rich), another church family made us dinner another night (thanks Debbie), we received endless calls/texts/prayers sent our way from our friends that we SO appreciated.
 |
| Picture frame crafts |
 |
| Tractor Photos |
 |
| Ha ha, our SS's "David & Goliath" bean bag toss |
Happy 2nd Birthday, Easton!!!
I feel your anger. Unfortunately I've learned in my short time here on earth that oftentimes it is those closest to us who most likely let us down. You aren't hateful and malicious in explaining your feelings. I too would have felt just as betrayed and tossed to the side. Family should be there for you no matter what (especially regardless of how many kids they've raised and how they managed to do it). Keep your chin up and be thankful for those who did step up to the plate and assist you guys.
ReplyDeleteCathrine,
ReplyDeleteIf you guys ever need me you know to call me. He is a brother to me and I love you guys very much. We all let each other down sometimes. I know this from being let down and letting down others. You never know what the other or going through so don't judge too harshly. I'm not defending, just saying there may be other circumstances we do no know about.
But, yes I think we all expect those closest to us to step up and when they don't...It hurts deeply.
If I'm not out of town you know I'll be there for you guys. I'll watch the boys anytime just for the joy of spending time with them.
But, remember we all have STUFF at some time or another. I know it's hard but love them anyway. It's what Jesus did for us and expects from us...
Love in Christ
Uncle Rich
Thanks Rich, you know we love you and REALLY appreciated your help these past few days.
Deleteoh girl I FEEL YOU. it's OKAY to lose it sometimes and it's okay to be DISAPPOINTED in people who SHOULD step up and help!!!!! I have had many little comments like the one you heard and it has made me AFRAID to ask others to help me. That's so sad how people like that can harden our hearts. Don't you feel better after venting it out??? It always helps me just to VENT! and I don't know how you do it all girl, you're superwoman!
ReplyDelete