
Faithfully, I began tithing every paycheck after that. Not even cheerfully at first- which I've learned to grow in that area too! But faithfully I gave and I watched, looking for the showers of blessings. They didn't come right away, but having heard that voice tell me once what to do, I knew better than to give up.

A friend gave me (free) her Dave Ramsey book and I began to study. We snowballed our debt and now have ZERO credit card debt. We snowballed our one car payment and will pay the LAST payment this month. We will be debt-free, besides our mortgage (which I plan to snowball) after this month. Friends have helped us with gas, groceries, even change for an extra gallon of milk, Starbucks coffees (yum!), and new shoes for Cory.
Our insurance offered to take 25% one of our major medical bills as a "special" that month.
Our mortgage compay sent us a letter- they lowered our mortgage payment AND we got a refund.
Jackson EMC sent us a letter- also included was a refund.
We were given TWO free vacations. A whole week in Hilton Head, SC, and 2 nights in the mountains.
We were able to buy EVERY gift the boys asked for this Christmas and still have enough left for our friends and family. At my husbands Christmas party this past week, he was given his raise, along with a work truck, all gas paid for. We were also told to be watching our bank account, because a Christmas bonus will be coming shortly. How AWESOME is our God? To think I wouldn't let go of 10% and to watch how he's blessed that small offering over the past year, giving me MORE than I asked for.

I'm so excited to share this with you! It has been amazing to see God work in our lives. I can't wait to see what He's has in store for us in the upcoming years.
Last, thank you honey, for continually praying for me on this matter. I'm so proud of you and how hard you've worked for us. Love you!
WOW!!!!!! THIS is SOOO awesome! I seriously have chills! What an amazing God we serve!!! :) Dave Ramsey is SUCH a blessing to us as well...his plan really does WORK ;)
ReplyDeleteWe totally need to snowball our credit cards, but we have to stop wanting so many things or the cycle won't stop. That's why I don't complain about money or our financial struggles to friends and family. We got ourselves into debt and we'll get our way out. I can at least say we always make our payments on time and have never been sent to collections (thankfully). So I feel I at least have some grasp on it.
ReplyDeleteGirl, I cover my "gimme's" in prayer! I struggle with that too and it's hard not to compare. But you truly can't take it with you when you go! Good for you for never getting behind. Start small with the snowball- start with the smallest credit card debt. It ADDS up!!!! You can do it!
Delete