Well, I prayed for guidance throughout this whole thing, right? I prayed for a clear sign, right?
I really don't know what happened, and I don't know if I ever will, or if I'm meant to understand it. Our school orientation was set to be before Thanksgiving and the night before, the admissions office called to cancel it. I thought it was strange that admissions was calling and not my teacher. They said they'd give out more information soon. I think that was when I got the first feeling that something big was up. When Thanksgiving passed and still not a word, I told Heath it was odd that they still hadn't planned orientation. I mean, we had all of our hospital orientations to complete, badges to pick up, we had to order uniforms, we had to register for classes, none of that was done. When I got the second call from admissions asking me to come in, I just knew it was over. I told Heath they were going to cancel the program. He tried to tell me I was overreacting, but somehow I knew?
I was led into a room where a few of the administrators and deans were seated, and they apologized, and told me the instructor resigned. The school offered me a list of the other programs they offer- not a free ride into them, but just options to look into. They apologized and told me to call them if I wanted to apply for something else, but I would not be starting in January.
Athens Tech was one of the schools within a wide radius that offered the CAAHEP accredited program. It's extremely hard to be accredited, and the next closest school that offers sonography is Columbus or Rome. Needless to say, that's not an option. Heath and I knew we would not "chase" schools or programs.
I came home and squeezed my Easton for the blessing of extra time with him. December no longer feels like the last month I get with my family. Christmas was a looming event- it marked the last few days I'd get to be at home.
I have to say that, of course, I am confused. But God answers prayers, and I can almost laugh at his crystal, clear answer. "Not now." Who else could shut down an entire program?! Only He could! In no way do I believe all that work was a waste!! God will use it. I don't know how. It'll be exciting to see how He will use that knowledge He gave me for something. I'll be excited to share it with you guys.
I'm so thankful we didn't borrow unnecessary money. I'm so thankful we didn't go into debt doing this. I'm so thankful that Cory and Easton had not started childcare yet. I'm so thankful that the most money I spent was on immunizations (ain't getting sick for a year!) and a background check (don't worry, friends, it's clear). I'm thankful God showed me that I could be smart, and I could do it. I'm thankful for the confidence this has given me!
Love what my good friend Tammy said, "Get some popcorn and watch, cause He's going to do something big with this."

LOVE your trust in the LORD!!!!!!!! So proud of you for not letting this bump in the road waiver your faith in GOD'S PERFECT PLAN! Love you girl!!!!
ReplyDelete