Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Friday, December 6, 2013

The DMS Class

Of course I knew how I felt when I heard the news, but as the days passed these emails started coming in from the other students that were also accepted....

"I am completely shocked. Are they going to refund the money from the background check? I worked really hard for this and now I am walking away with nothing...it doesn't seem right to me. Anna was emailing us just 2 weeks ago. Now she has suddenly decided to resign after we were already sent through the interview and accepted. It doesn't make sense to me. Did the school do something to cause her to suddenly make that decision? I feel really bad for everyone one of you guys that I know worked hard like I did. I really had my heart set on this so I really don't know what to do. If anyone wants to talk about it feel free to give me a call. I still haven't had time to really process this and I'm very disappointed. I would like to schedule another meeting with Ginger. They don't even know if they are going to try to find a new teacher. They should have called us all into the same meeting in my opinion. Good luck to everyone and I'm so sorry :( I was really looking forward to meeting everyone."

"Just sending this e-mail to my classmates that, unfortunately, I will probably never meet now. We all worked very hard, spent time and money to enter the DMS Program at ATC and now have been discarded like it was no big deal-just enter another program or go to another school. Well, I do not know about any of the rest of you, but I moved, quit my job, my wife quit her job and we made some big adjustments just to plan for the program in which I had been accepted and looked forward to studying. I even turned down acceptance at another school. I graduated from UGA and lived in Athens years ago and wanted to return.
 
Really, I do not know what happened, but I know it is more than we are being told. No one just retires overnight and the school did nothing about letting us know-just kept leading us on as all was well. Excuse me, they did let us know 1 day before orientation."
 
"I am very disappointed the way the school has handled the situation and our professional lives."

"I agree. I made big adjustments too, as did the rest of my family. I used valuable time, resources, and energy into applying, and was looking forward to meeting others who had been just as dedicated as I was to this program. I also believe that you don't wake up one day and decide to retire. The day before orientation. I've wondered what the school is not telling us. I've considered writing nasty emails, I've considered making a big fuss, but I also don't see the point. If there is no teacher, then there is no teacher. We could make our complaint known, but it wouldn't help us start the program in January, which is what I think we all want in the long run. I don't even know what to say? I feel lost."
 
"ATC is not really concerned about the students. They just discarded us like it was nothing to cancel someone's professional life and here they can go on the same like nothing happened."
 
"I want all of you to know that I am not going to let any of you or myself to be treated like this, I want the truth to be known. I want you all to know that regardless of how this turns out, we are not powerless, I plan on writing a letter to every accrediting agency related to the DMS program and the School to tell them our story. I encourage you to do the same.
I hope for the best for all of you, I know from personal experience this is a crazy/hard time in life, especially since this was the stepping stone to most of our futures and professional careers. I hope regardless of the outcome everything works out for each and everyone of you."
 
It's heartbreaking....please pray for them. I didn't want to attach their names for privacy sake, but I can't even put a face to these names, we never had the chance to meet. It makes me feel guilty for not even thinking of these other students, I was so wrapped up with how this affected Heath and I. It's hard all around, I don't feel like I could reply back with, "Hey this is God's plan and everything is going to be okay!" What do you say? I don't know. It's confusing and I'll be praying for these people now.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment