Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Jehovah Jireh

He. Provides.

I'm tickled already and I haven't even started. :)

After my "re-group" last week, my days went a lot nicer. Of course I still worried and thought about it, but to a much lesser degree and made a point to follow up every worry with a "but You have this, help me to remember that." I said it out loud too just to make sure the devil knows whose side I'm on. But I still worried too- just so no one thinks I'm sugar coating this.

On Wednesday morning I tell Heath I just need to make a decision on choosing a daycare and go with it. I feel that I'm wasting time and being silly. I fully intended to follow through with turning in those registration papers this time.

My sweet hubby listened to me tick off reasons why this just couldn't wait any longer and asked me, "Just wait until Friday." Of course I asked him why Friday, and he said he didn't know, but just give it a few more days. I agreed. On Friday, a call I had put in to a home childcare center weeks before, called me back. She apologized for not getting back to me earlier. I was in the middle of walking out the door, trying to get a coat on Easton and convince him to put the toy down and get buckled already and was feeling frazzled, but instantly felt calmer after one minute of talking with her. That peace I have been so desperately seeking finally came back during our conversation. I don't know how to describe that feeling, I just knew this would work. This woman taught elementary school for 9 years and then decided she wanted to be at home with her kids, but needed the income to support the transition. She's in Jefferson, certified by the state, she keeps ages 2 and up, and had one more spot to fill for January. She shared about their schedule and how she has circle time each morning with the children, and asked if I minded the short Bible lesson she also teaches. Are you for real? I was so pumped I could have driven to her house right then to meet her. We set up a time to meet a few days later just and that gave me the time I needed to really pray over this. Was this the place for Easton? Please show me if it's not. Help me not to just be excited that it's in Jefferson. I wanted my eyes WIDE open when we met.

Heath and I went to her house one evening with Easton to visit. It was perfect. The playroom did indeed have the circle rug with the calendar, and the pledge, and other morning tasks around the area. The big fenced-in backyard had a play set, picnic tables, and many outdoor toys. Her personality matched mine too- I am drawn to happy, bubbly people and can excite easily. I feel like I can see right through the ones that truly enjoy what they do, and those that work. She shared how she is selective about who she lets into her home, and she felt just as comfortable with me as I did with her. It was perfect. We didn't even pull out of the driveway and Heath said, "this is it, isn't it?"

I am so, so happy and relieved that God didn't make me wait one minute longer to answer that prayer for us. It was huge. The more I couldn't find a place for Easton, the more thoughts I had about withdrawing from the program. Easton can start 2 mornings a week now, and that gives him plenty of time to adjust and slowly increase days before I start January 6th. HUGE sigh of relief. Feeling so thankful for God the provider.









 









*Just a side note that we don't have tuition answers yet. I hesitated to even share this b/c I don't want it to take away from the blessing we were just given. I did want to keep you updated though as some have asked. Thanks again for praying for us! We're thankful for your friendship!

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Amazing how God always provides for us. Psalm 46:10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome!!!!! Amazing amazing and truly gives me CHILLS :) Sometimes God tells us to be still and wait and it PAYS OFF :)

    ReplyDelete