HUGE, HUGE blessing to us. Again, I'm continually amazed at God's blessings for our family.
While we were on our vacation my sneaky little gallbladder started giving me fits again. We found gallstones on accident during another routine exam, and my doctor advised me to have it removed before they started bothering me. My reasoning? It doesn't hurt- why have surgery to take it out? Plus I was in school full-time and I really didn't want to take time out of the classroom. You students of Mr. Nichols know what I'm talking about- each week rolled out a lab quiz and a med term test- it's no joke! So we chose not to do anything. Then slowly the symptoms started coming. I have no idea how to describe it- it kind of feels like a claw in your chest that pokes you sometimes? I've heard others say it's in their shoulder or back, but mine was in my chest. I could mainly deal with it, b/c the cleaner I ate, the better I felt (thanks Advocare!). Wouldn't you know that I ate fried shrimp at the beach and that's all it needed to go cuckoo. After a few nights of "the hook" coming out to play, I was done. I knew it was another way for God to say- "Get it out now while you're not in school." I met my surgeon the Tuesday we were back and had it out Friday. I was told it was out-patient surgery and easy-breezy. Wrong!
Before the surgery I had about 2 days to visit some daycares and meet with my financial aid office at school.
Y'all.....I'm having a hard time with the thought of leaving my baby. Every place I visit is fine, it's just not home. Heath and I toured a couple together and neither one of us likes the idea. Not much else I can say on this subject.
My financial aid trip didn't fare much better. The WHOLE time I was working towards applying, I knew how much the program would cost and assumed I'd get a student loan. I *almost* wish I could have seen my face when the financial aid officer informed me that no, Athens Tech doesn't participate in student loans because they're a technical school and the fees are much more reasonable than a traditional 4-year school. True, but we don't have $12,000 just the same. They don't accept HOPE for the program either and I've just hit a huge stumbling block with the news.
Just because the devil wanted to mess with my head some more, my car's been dying. Ha. We knew that was coming too, I was just praying it'd last 2 more years. All you car people reading this- it tries to die only when I'm turning? Like I'll slow down to make a turn, and as soon as my tires turn, it just shudders and turns itself off. Anyone know what that is? It did it to me crossing traffic, getting on 85, with the boys in the back. I turned on a green light with a break in the traffic, and it died. Thankfully I had enough momentum to make it to the grass, but it scared the macaroni out of me. Any turn! Take a drive-thru for example. Nothing but a big circle, right? My car died 3 times in the Starbucks one last week. They probably thought I was crazy...or ghetto. Your guess as to which one is true.
SO- here's my BIG OL' LIST of prayer requests:
- I have got to find a place for Easton. And get used to the idea.
- I'll need a car sometime in the near future. My Dodge with 190K miles ain't gonna kick it for much longer. This is not a "can't make up my mind on which one, b/c I have so many options," this is a "we're broke and can't afford a car payment while paying for daycare and tuition." So if anyone has a Grandma with a Buick sitting out in the driveway that she doesn't need.....!
- Tuition. We 100% relied on getting a student loan to not only cover the cost, but also some of the living expenses, i.e., daycare. Want some scary numbers? Cory's after-school care will be $30/week. Easton's will be around $120/week. That's around $600/month. I obviously won't be bringing in income while going to school, so we have no clue where we'll get that. Tuition will be around $12,000 and Pell should cover around $9,000, so there's only a $3,000 difference there. When you start adding $600/month to it though...
Y'all didn't know I was so needy with the requests, did ya? Like I said, I know they're huge requests. I know we serve a mighty God with whom "nothing is impossible" (Luke 1:37) so I'm asking for your help in praying for us! Trying not to let my faith waver. He got me this far, He can work through the details. Trying not to get discouraged or feel like I want to give up. It'll happen. Just don't know how/when/where/why and my Type A personality says it all needs to be in place....like, yesterday.




You have such a faithful attitude! I'm praying you'll receive the answers you need soon and peace while you start school and have to leave your baby.
ReplyDelete