Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Friday, October 4, 2013

More of Destin, Day 5 & 6

Whew, Wednesday was definitely the sick day. Cory and Easton ran fevers, Heath's back started bothering him and he ran a fever later that night, and after my doctor called me in some pain meds for my gallbladder I just felt loopy & disoriented until it wore off. Definitely not our best day. I tried to go to the beach with them that morning but felt kinda seasick so I headed back home to sleep off the medicine. I hate feeling out of control of my body because of pain pills, so I just started eating vegetables only until we get back home and I can see my doctor. No more gallbladder attacks, ouch!

That day was a blur since I slept most of it. We didn't even go out for dinner. Heath grilled out cheeseburgers, I baked some baked beans and added a bag of chips and called it a meal. I ate vegetables. :)

Thank goodness for Thursday! It was BEAUTIFUL! I felt so much better and so did everyone else. It was the perfect weather- hot, but with a strong breeze so you didn't feel hot. (Now realizing that's tropical storm, Karen). We slathered everyone up and took off!



This is Easton's face when we told him no, we were not "all done" after 10 minutes.









Notice Easton's face- this is where he got his idea.......


This is when he creeps up on the sand castle, when Cory's back is turned......


Demolition sand castle!!!!












 My attempt at some organized pics....







We ate at Bubba Gumps- yummy! It was a really fun atmosphere too.


We happened to stumble across another playground after dinner. We're loving Destin, very family friendly, and this is the 3rd or 4th park we've seen in our short time.








Child cracks me up how he goes down a slide.



WHY these are on playgrounds all over the world I'll never know! Easton falls through them EVERY.TIME.

We found a huge shopping area on the way home and scored when we saw Coldstone Creamery. They have double scoop kids cones for $1.99 and they let us all order that size. Cory leaned back in his chair and said, "Mama, this is perfect. It just doesn't get better than this. Ice cream, palm trees, and my family." Love.



Thankful it gets dark here at 7pm. We were able to take them home and put them down for bed right away.

Today was special for another reason- our anniversary!!! Love you boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment