Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Destin, Fl

My goal is to write a little bit for each day so I can keep these memories forever!

This beach vacation is wonderful so far! We were kinda worried about the weather in October, but it's been in the high 80's and you cannot tell that it's not summer here. Maybe it is summer here? Ha, I have no idea when the first day of fall is.

We found a great deal on a condo and booked it a few months back, and we are not disappointed, it's beautiful! It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, and it's right across the street from the beach.















We got the idea to leave at 5am, hoping the boys would sleep. We knew it could be good, or could be really, really bad. Well, neither boy slept- at all- the whole drive, but neither one was cranky. I was shocked that they both did as well as they did actually. I had packed a breakfast for the car and we planned to make a few stops, and stop for lunch. Totally forgetting about the time change, we got to Destin at 12 ( 1 o'clock Georgia time) and found a Chick-fil-a. Both boys, having been up since 5am, were ready about going to the beach right away but I made them take a nap first. I know, I'm mean. :)

I unpacked, Heath grocery shopped, the boys slept, and we were at the beach by 2 (3 o'clock Georgia time). It worked out great. We were able to enjoy the beach and the pool the first day instead of feeling like it took the whole day to get there. I think we'll make this a regular thing, I actually liked leaving that early too. Well, I say that b/c I slept on the way here.




















And Easton's face when we told him it was time to pack up.....






We ate sandwiches for dinner and I fell asleep at 8:30, ha. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment