Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Zumba!

My soul has found it's true love..........Zumba!!!!!!!!!



I was hesitant to go, and now I'm so glad Rachel asked me. It's finally the one form of exercise I LOVE. We tear up the floor every week, don't we girl?


 
Some of the benefits of Zumba-

 
I can testify that it does burn some major calories- you'll leave there feeling it! My first night I came home starving and ate 3 helpings of dinner, ha ha. Paired with AdvoCare it helped tone things that needed toning.
 


We had 80's night back in March and just had 90's night last week. An excuse to crimp my hair? I was so excited to try it- although I had NO idea what a process it would be! I didn't have a crimper (or know anyone with one), so I braided it while it was damp, let it dry, sprayed it with hairspray, and that was some BIG hair!! I did love the body it gave me, but don't think I'll make it an everyday look. ;) Heath kept saying, "You just....look....different." Ha ha!

Before:
 
 
After:

 My hair was BIG!!!
 
 
80's night was fun, but I didn't know most of the music. 90's night, however, was the time of my life! We threw it back to Britney, Christina, MC, Spice Girls, "Macarana", "Barbie Girl", "Jump Jump", it was SO fun! Here's some pics they took on their phone- some are crazy angles!
 





That last one kind of makes me look like I have a halo...!

This is our instructor Danielle (on the left), who is an amazing dancer. I've never been to another Zumba class before, but I've heard it's a lot of salsa/reggae- not so with Danielle. Most of the routines she makes up to current music and it's just a blast dancing to them. After the hour I'm dripping with sweat...y'all wanted to know that, right?


80's Night
Danielle and Lacey

 
 
 
If you want to try it, first class is free at the Rec Dept!!!
Mon., Wed., Thur., 6:25-7:25pm


No comments:

Post a Comment