Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Thursday, July 24, 2014

We're Pregnant!


Yes, we're pregnant!!!
 
 
 
We're so excited to share that we are pregnant with Baby #3! It has been such a journey to get here. For those of you who kept up with my school thing, you know that after having Easton I went that route and planned to take it as far as I could. I struggled with that decision only b/c I knew how the timing would be...I would have started my 2 years this January and Easton would be 5 by the time I finished. I knew that I probably wouldn't have another one at that point. The struggle came in because we wanted another baby, both of us. We just felt like God was giving us an opportunity with school and felt like He was confirming that for us along the way. Once I had applied and interviewed, I told Heath that I truly would be happy with being accepted or denied- because if denied we'd start trying. Well, I never planned on being accepted and denied (they shut the program down), but I still was excited about trying to conceive. So we tried....and nothing....and nothing....and nothing. I wish I could say I was a bright, positive ball of light during this time, but I wasn't. I was worried, I was angry, I was confused, and then I started to wonder if something was wrong. It was such a lonely feeling, will probably write a post on that in the future. Finally....
 
 
 
 
7 positive pregnancy tests later........ our baby!!
 
 
 
 
So EXTREMELY glad school was cancelled. I know I would have went that route, and I'm so thankful for this addition to our family. This baby almost didn't happen.
 
I'm due at the end of February, and with me being only 8 weeks, I hadn't planned on sharing the news just yet, BUT, my body on the other hand had other plans....

Not pregnant                                  Pregnant!



I couldn't hide that bump! It just came from nowhere?! I was like, either I share the news or people are going to wonder. I felt so self-conscience at church for awhile, and now I'm glad it's out there- that is not chips & salsa, it is our baby!!!

The ultrasound confirmed it's just one baby (whew), we can confirm that it will be our last, and I 100%, without a doubt, do not care what the sex of this baby is. I've had SOOOOO many ask, "but you secretly want a girl, right?" No, actually, I don't secretly want anything. I have 2 awesome, sweet  boys who loooooove their Mama and I'm in no hurry to give up the princess title here. ;) I've only had one negative comment that "it would just be weird if I had another boy." Ha- sorry that I don't feel the same!! I'd be honored to raise all boys, as long as they know they come home to me for Christmas!!





1 comment:

  1. So so excited for you! Can't wait to read about the updates on baby in the many weeks/months to come!

    ReplyDelete