While trying to think of something fun to do on Easton's actual birthday I kept coming back to the zoo, but hated that Cory would miss it because he'd be in school. Then I thought about it...and justified that I could totally make it an educational trip, so I was cool Mom and he skipped! I'm SO glad we made it a family day, we had the best time!!! Easton had never been to the zoo, and it had been a few years for the rest of us (like 10 for me), so it was a new experience! We got the free passes from the library and at the last moment packed a lunch and headed out Monday morning, My only regret was that we didn't leave earlier so we could have had more time at the zoo- it was that fun! We purposely didn't schedule an agenda and just said we'd leave the park by 3pm to avoid getting caught in traffic coming home. It was so nice to just wander around leisurely in the beautiful weather.
The boys got to feed the giraffes! How cool is that?! We just happened to be at the right place at the right time, and the line was short. I liked that they didn't rush the boys, they really gave them time to look and feed the giraffes. Easton was a little timid, but Cory has a heart for animals.
Willie B! I remembered him from my childhood but did not realize he lived to be 40 years old! I had an "I'm old" moment when they said he died in 2000, and I was thinking, "...yeah, like a couple years ago..."
Cory made me DIE laughing. The gorillas were wrestling and acting so silly, and he just thought they were the funniest things. I started recorded him laughing at them, it was nonstop. When he gets excited he talks a mile a minute (weird....), and he narrated for them.
Still laughing....that cute, little gut laugh...
Easton found the picture of the playground on the map and kept saying, "Take me here. Take me here."
The coolest part was the petting zoo! I had no idea they had one?! They even had a hand washing station right by the exit gate.
Of course we found the playground for Easton....!
I told Heath I was secure in our relationship and I wouldn't be jealous he was sitting next to another woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment