Our family has a TON of April birthdays. Cory's is April 1st, his cousin Zachary is April 14th, Easton's is April 21st and Pam is expecting Baby Dawson any day now. We have definitely been blessed with healthy, Springtime babies! :)
After a few years we decided to combine the older boys birthdays, Cory and Zachary. It didn't make sense to ask the family to get together 3 weekends out of 4 to celebrate birthdays and with the boys being older they don't mind either. Both boys wanted the same theme as last year: sports! My aunt made the cakes this year. A football cookie cake for Cory, and a baseball cookie cake for Zachary. They turned out so cute and tasted even better!
The birthday boys!
Easton was not feeing well...this was pretty much his look the entire day. He's had another virus where he's running high temps, but we just have to wait it out. You can see it in his eyes here, he just doesn't feel good.
After the party at Grandma's, I had invited some of Cory's friends over the same night for his first sleepover. I don't know who was more excited: me or Cory! Andrew and Malachi are friends from church and Cole is a friend from school. I'm so glad everyone was able to come! I'm really trying to encourage Cory to make those friendships from church. He's already had some experiences with boys being not so nice, and I try to just make light of it and explain that not everyone will be his friend, and he doesn't need relationships that don't positively influence him or others.
All the boys were so excited and they're young enough to still want me around. They wanted me to show me their shoes and sleeping bags, and asked me to watch the movie with them.
Oh my gah, these boys can EAT! I seriously feel bad for people who have 3+ boys. I can't imagine their grocery bill. Between the four of them, they ate 14 hot dogs, a box of mac n cheese, and a whole can of Pringles. Then cake, then popcorn, then more cake. I was shocked. For real- boys eat!
It was SO, SO funny to me watching them interact together. They all sat around Cory to watch him open his gifts and reminded him to read the cards. Each boy was excited about what they had got for Cory and kept telling him, "You're gonna love it! Open mine!" I think Cory could have even gone without gifts, he was just thrilled so many friends were there and were excited to be with him.
We had originally thought to go bowling, but with Easton being sick we decided to rent Percy Jackson and have popcorn. I was hoping the boys wouldn't be too disappointed but they didn't seem to be. They cozied up and chatted throughout the whole movie.
The next morning we all went to church and the boys went home with their Mom's from there. Everyone was tired, but it was definitely a fun night, and something I'm looking forward to doing again.
Happy Birthday week, Cory!
No comments:
Post a Comment