Isn't that the coolest invitation ever?? Easton loved it!!!
This year we had his party at a park and just invited his classmates from school. I was worried that if I invited our usual church friends and neighbors that there would be WAY too many kids there, so we just passed out the invites for the 11 in his preschool. Mom fail. No one really RSVP'd, and his cousin Sawyer (who's in his class) plus one friend showed. Lesson learned- next time, invite the ones who you know will come! I felt bad for Easton...I felt guilty too, like I maybe should have called each parent to ask (but who does that?), and really I didn't care for my sake, but I was super, super bummed for Easton. Luckily, we have a pretty big family and they all came and he didn't seem to be too upset that his friends didn't come, for which I'm very thankful. On the way home he asked if everyone was sick, and I said that I didn't think so, and then he asked if everyone was mad at him...so needless to say, I'll be doing something different next year!
We had beautiful weather for the party- you never know in April! I had snack-type foods to serve and Mary Beth's AWESOME cake- y'all, it turned out so good!!! Random: I YouTube'd how to cut a round cake, in order to get as many even pieces as possible- it was pretty neat to see how many different ways there are to cut one, but no worries, I'm sure I found the best way. :) Here's the link for the other dorks like me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXo73a6oLlQ
We've really enjoyed this park as a family because there's a ton of different things to do and it's great for all age groups (needed with our age gap). They have a skate park, basketball courts and a volleyball court in addition to the parks.
| Party favors! |
Gorgeous day
| Ezra |
| Dawson |
Heath's new boss, Zach, and his family came. It was so fun to finally get to meet them! They have a precious little girl, Cora June, who sat so nicely the whole time (I'm used to boys!).
| Those grins! |
| Katie McEver |
Present time!
Kyle, Pam, and Charlotte (Charlotte is Kyle's niece- their own baby girl is due this Sep!)
Lucas wasting no time getting into Easton's presents.
I think this was one of my favorite parties of Easton's. It was very laidback, stress-free, and I felt like I could actually talk to people and watch my kids play. I really enjoyed getting to know Ezra's Mom, Ashley, and having that time to chat. It was a nice day and I wasn't feeling rushy-rushy with everything- I really enjoyed it!
That night while praying, Easton thanked God for Sawyer and Ezra and a happy day with good cake. Mom win!!
Happy 5th Birthday, East!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment