Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Baby Nursery

We had our 36 week appointment today, and it sounds repetitive at this point, but everything is going great! They did the last ultrasound we'll have until he's born and I am so IN LOVE with this baby already! He looks so squished in there, but I'm sure he's comfy. :) The cord wasn't anywhere near his neck (I asked), he was head down (so he's turned some time..??), and is still in the top 98% with that weight- maybe we'll call him Linebacker Lucas? He weighs in right under 8 lbs, which is actually a relief to me! He's been consistent about gaining 1/2 lb a week, and with 3 weeks left that gives me a 9 lb'er- MUCH better than the 10 lb's I was dreading a month ago!!! I'm thrilled with my weight gain too- and technically, I can subtract 9 lbs. right...?! I know these last few weeks will be hard, but I am truly enjoying this pregnancy more, knowing it's our last one. Only 3 more weeks of being able to feel a baby kick inside my belly, I'm loving his sweet movements, and still in awe that God creates miracles. He's SO-MUCH-MORE-STILL than Easton ever was, I'm actually able to sleep decently at night. Easton never stopped and that boy would not let me sleep, and I think that's why I was so miserable with him at the end. Luke just curls up to one side of my stomach at night and I pretty much don't feel him while I sleep, or he'll move for a few minutes and then settle back down. Maybe I'll have a good sleeper? Who knows! Three weeks seems an eternity away today, I'm so ready to hold this boy!

I got my hair highlighted this week and my hairdresser insisted on taking this side profile of my belly. Here's 3 weeks left to go:



Finally, finally got the nursery in order too. Huge difference in timeline between Baby #1 and #3, but hey- it's done, and it's beautiful. Heath did a super, super fantastic job on making such sweet little pieces for his room, and saving us money in the process. I love knowing Daddy not only set everything up, but put time & love into the small things too, it's so sweet.

The crib furniture was Easton's and I really, really tried to not make everything too "baby" so I wouldn't be changing everything in a year. I wanted it to transition easily from baby to little boy, and not have murals on the wall this time, just things on shelves I could change out if I wanted to. I learned my lesson with bedding too- we stay away from themes for the same reason. Cory has plaid, Easton has a rugby stripe and since it's not a trendy character print I'll spend more on bedding hoping it'll last through the years for them!

Here's our nautical-themed nursery:


Heath made and painted the shelf! Isn't it great?!

Again, a Heath creation he made out of a piece of wood. Painted by Daddy too.

We needed a ledge for the monitor to sit on so we could see both boys, and yet have no one reach it! Ta-da! Thanks honey.




This will change many times I'm sure, and is nowhere near half of all the clothes these boys own.

LOVE this super soft tummy-time pillow from Jennifer & Addison!


Changing table with another lime green touch. :)

I love it! Heath did a fantastic job!!! Now all it needs is a sleeping baby!!!

I can't remember if I bragged on his work in Cory's football room either? We did that last year but it still looks fantastic, and Cory loves it.



We're blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see photos of baby Luke! Is Easton excited to share a room with his upcoming little brother? I remember you posting about who should share a room - what made you and Heath decide on the youngest sharing one? I don't mean for that question to sound so stern hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I never reply to this? Jeez, sorry. Mainly bc Cory is 10 and so I think he needs the space more. Easton and Luke don't "bicker".

      Delete