Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Friday, February 20, 2015

4 More Days....!!!

What.....??? How did we get here already?!?!

Baby boy will make his debut Tuesday morning, the 24th, unless he comes earlier on his own. My last Ob apt was this past Wednesday and my pre-op at the hospital is Monday morning. It feels C.R.A.Z.Y.



I can tell I've been waaaay more hormonal these past few weeks. I get angry, I get sad, I laugh, I cry, I sleep awesome, I'm up all night, just way all over the board. 90% of the time I sleep great which I'm SO, SO, SO thankful for as it helps me feel like I can take on anything as long as I've slept decent. Maybe 1 night out of the week I wake around 3/4am with super energy and just clean/organize/bake/cook, whatever. Heath loves those nights b/c he wakes up to me smiling and handing him coffee at 6am, with his breakfast made and snacks for the day ready to go. I've also learned the art of napping- if I sleep 20-30 minutes it won't affect my sleep that night. Any longer and I've just blown my night. I'm the queen of a catnap now! Obviously there's no way to "stock up" on sleep, but man it's way easier to carry Luke than it was Easton, who kept me up all night. Sometimes I'll feel so good that I'll go to do a normal activity and then be like, oh crap, I'm hugely pregnant and can't do this.

I do hate my indecisiveness with food at this point. Nothing sounds good, I don't really want to eat but am hungry, and then become grouchy. Even when I can find something appealing I can't eat much and it's annoying so I'd rather not eat. I got a little touchy on the subject of pizza with Heath and told him to just STOP talking about it. It's too filling and makes me want to vom, so please never say that word again. I'll plan our menu for the week, prepare our dinner and after smelling it cook I'll give it to a neighbor. I'll sit down with a plate another night and stare at it before giving up. I'll really feel like I know what I want to eat and then think about it and change my mind. I'll walk into a coffee shop and almost cry because I really can't decide if I want French vanilla or hazelnut, and no matter what I choose it'll be wrong. Like- really, really annoy myself at this point and I formally apologize to my family. 4 days guys and then *hopefully* I'll be nursing and starving so food will be a better experience for the family.

I don't think I have a picture of me this week? Odd for me but I feel like I post a ton anyways. I'll be sure to take my LAST one Monday at my pre-op! :)

Look at some of these sweet outfits:



This Easter onesie is something I bought for Cory, & Easton wore it too. Now it'll be passed on to Luke.


Everything for baby is DONE. I refuse to add anything else to my list at this point! I'm a little stressed about how April is going to go with a 5-week old...we have way too many activities in that month: Cory's 10th bday, Easter (which is CRAZY early this year), Dawson's 1st bday, Zachary's bday, Easton's bday, Spring Break, & Pre-K registration for Easton. Sigh.

I have learned from past experiences to ask for help when needed and I'm super thankful for those that have allowed me to specifically ask for help with our boys. We've asked church friends to help get our boys to church those first few weeks & set up some Saturday play dates so they can get out and be loud & energetic & normal while I'm not. I'm hoping they'll still know we love them while we're sleep deprived! I'm a little nervous about the transition but excited too! This boy is feeling bigger and bigger and I'm so ready to see what he looks like! I wish I could just peek in my belly. What color eyes do you have little one? Will you have crazy hair like Easton or be bald like Cory? Will you weigh more than your brothers or be my smallest one? Will you have iced coffee withdrawals? Will you be excited to see us too???

I'd like to end with the same prayer requests I mentioned early on in the pregnancy. In a nutshell (bc I don't want to dwell on it these last few days): I hemorrhaged with Easton due to his large size & a uterus that wouldn't contract, had some blood transfusions and left the hospital with hemoglobin levels around a 5. This baby is predicted to be a similar size and I'm hoping the delivery is not similar to the last one. My uterus needs to contract!

Here's the link so those of you familiar with it don't have to reread it on today's post: http://themcevers.blogspot.com/2014/08/12-weeks.html.

We dearly, dearly love all the friends that might want to visit while we're in the hospital, but are asking that just family come since we just don't know what to expect. I don't know if I'll have a hysterectomy, I'm hoping I don't hemorrhage again, the Pitocin given after delivery has the potential to make me sick, & I've been promised "uterine massages" for a full 24 hours. We love you guys, but are asking for some time. We're praying everything goes well, but please wait to hear that we are ready for hospital visitors. I am so excited to show off and share Luke with everyone, I hope all friends know that & understand! We love you, thanks for all of your prayers!!! They are very much appreciated!!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment