Technically I had my glucose test a week early since the
Thanksgiving holidays were booked at my Ob, and since I still haven’t heard
anything back I’m guessing I passed, or else I’ll hear from them next week.
Either way- it won’t affect this Thanksgiving’s meal! Whew. When I was pregnant
with Cory I had to wait the hour in the doctor’s office and it was so nice this
time to take that drink home and go in to the apt. an hour later. Although I
did wonder- what if I was driving to my apt. and did have some sort of sugar
attack? Who’s liable at that point? I know, the weird things I think about.
Alas, I made it to the apt just fine and everything still
looks good for baby. I’m measuring 2 weeks and a few days over, but am super happy with my weight gain. I tend to gain more at
the end so I think I’ll be right around 30 lbs. again, just going to be super
mindful during the holidays. (I do not mean Thanksgiving and Christmas
day-duh!).
We got a free 4D ultrasound from Gwinnett Tech…and I totally
looked into their DMS program while I was there. They just got their
accreditation for sonography and being that they’re closer than Rome or
Columbus it’s an option I’ll look in to. (Only 3 schools in Ga offer this
program now). I can’t go 100% into school mode while I’m in baby mode, but I
did apply to the school and transferred my transcripts, and will find out more
info at their orientation session. That’s about as much attention as I can give
it right now. The 4D was amazing though- it was so neat to see our little boy
so clearly! The tech kept saying, “Oh look- he’s kicking your cervix! Right there and there again!” I was like, “I know….I don’t have to look!” This baby,
for real, loves to kick down and I’ll do just about anything to get him off my
bladder and cervix. The other night I hoisted my big self upside-down off the
couch to try and get him more up,
and thought I was going to pass out. And it didn’t work. I can say I’ll never
know what it feels like to have a baby kick me in the ribs, mine are all waaaay
low, but I don’t dig the cervix kicks either.
![]() |
| Look at those sweet lips and nose already! |
I keep saying I have no cravings and then realized I do- it’s
just not a food one so I haven’t paid it much attention. Iced
coffee is my new best friend and no matter the weather, I’m craving one.
I could probably drink 4 a day (I don’t), they are soooo good right now. Heath
went to get us coffee one freezing Saturday morning and the lady ringing him up
asked who was crazy enough to want it iced in the cold weather, and he smartly
said, “My pregnant wife.” She laughed and said it made total sense then.
While checking out at Publix this week there was an older
gentlemen who was bagging our groceries and kept eyeing my belly. I nudged
Heath and told him to prepare for the question, as I am done with hearing how
big my stomach is. The man did point at me and said, “Any time now, eh?” Heath TOTALLY
tried to walk away without even acknowledging the comment & the
confrontation but the man just asked again, louder, “When are you due?” Heath
STILL tried to pretend like he didn’t hear him and was busy with the groceries
so I sweetly said, “Honey…that man has a question for you.” So the man asked again, and Heath (who I know wanted to
run), said quietly, “She’s due in February.” The man looks shocked and asks again, “February?” Heath put his hand on the man’s
shoulder and got really close to him and said slowly, “Yes, and isn’t it great
news?” Ha ha! That did register something in this man’s mind to can it and reply, “Oh
yes…yes it is, um, congratulations.” We walked away and I gave him such crap
for trying to ignore the man! Heath hates arguing/confrontation of any kind but
it was hilarious to see the whole exchange.
I didn’t take any 26 week pics since we just had our family
session done, and I’m so happy with the way they turned out! Anna did a great
job and was super reasonable on her price. Love them!
HAPPY
THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!!!










LOL Poor Heath! I'm so glad you got to share that magical experience with him.
ReplyDelete