Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Chop

It was time! Long hair is cute until it feels too long, and mine was at that point. Ponytails weren't cute, curls wouldn't hold, and it looked too flat. It was even annoying me during Zumba. It would stick to my back or get under my arm, and it was just bleh. I was ready for......drumroll.....a cut! What would a girl do without Pinterest? I found something I liked, purposely made my hair apt for a couple weeks out to make sure I really wanted that much cut off, and it wasn't a warm-weather-chop-off-hair moment. See my sad face over the too long hair?


 
Melanie's done my hair for years, so she knows what I like and what I don't like. I've cut it twice before and hated it, I've dyed it brown, took it back to blonde, she knows how I am. She was super hesitant about cutting it. She said of course she'd make it look cute, but was worried I'd like it for a week and then hate it. Melanie said it's a "twenties thing". You mess around with your hair in your twenties, learn what looks good, and then stick to that. Since I'm still in my twenties I guess I can afford one last cut before I figure it out, right? Or get extensions.
 
I told her as long as it was long enough that I could pull it up, I'd be fine. Nothing over my shoulders because then I start looking 10 years old, I just can't pull off anything like that.
 
 
First cut...
 
 
Yeah, I might have freaked a little at this moment b/c then I started thinking of the time it would take to grow back. Then I thought of my ponytail getting stuck in my armpit and reminded myself I DID want to cut that mess.
 
 
Beautimous! Seven inches gone! Long enough to pull back, short enough to make me happy. And a little bob in the back just because.
 
 
I'm loving the wavy look and I played around with the curling iron too once I got home. Loving it so far!
 
Heath's attempt to take my pic:
 
 

 
 
Thanks, hun. :) After playing with the curling iron I got a better shot myself:
 
 
So fun to play with! We'll see if I hate it in a week- don't think I will. Thanks Melanie for giving me such a cute cut! If you're looking for a hair stylist, let me introduce you to Melanie Bradley: cut and color for $70. Promise if I don't like it I won't cut it again, Melanie.......maybe.....! 





No comments:

Post a Comment