Funny that two weeks ago my post was about snow, then last week's post was the beautiful 60-degree weather we got, and this week it's back to snow! No complaints here, I love it. EVERY. BIT.!!!
Poor Cory can't catch a break this year. He's had a cough since Christmas, and finally came down with strep & sinusitis the last week in January, cancelling his scheduled surgery (which was perfect anyways, b/c that's when the first snow hit Atlanta and 285 was basically shut down). He finished his 10-day antibiotic and we headed back in for his arm surgery. He came thisclose to having it cancelled again, because the anesthesiologist didn't like how the cough still lingered. He explained that any little germ in his throat could potentially be pushed into his lungs during the surgery (breathing tube), and cause an infection. Sure enough, Cory came out of surgery with a horrible cough, and it was bronchitis. He just finished a Z-pack and is STILL coughing like crazy. Once this snow clears up I'm going to take him back to the doctor, probably for steroids or breathing treatments at this point.
Like his Georgia cast? I didn't know they could do that!
Cory's request for his post-surgery dinner was donuts, of course! :)
That swelling for real scared me. The doctors told me to watch for it, and bring him back to the hospital if it was too bad. I felt fully confident in my mother/nurse abilities until he had thrown up liquids for 24 hours, didn't want to eat/drink, cried at the drop of a hat, felt dizzy, and then his hand turned that blue color. I was so thankful for my Mom, a nurse, to come over and "fix it". After all, she's an adult- really, I'm still waiting to be one. Nurse Grandma made him elevate his elbow, through his tears and protests (I could not have), and made him cough to loosen up all the phlegm in his lungs (again, I could not have). She also suggested the pain meds were making him so sick and duh- I should have known that. We switched to Tylenol for the next dosage and I FINALLY got my first smile out of him. Then I felt terrible for giving him medicine every 4 hours that was making him so sick. Ugh. So glad we're over that bump....!
However, when does it snow in Georgia? I couldn't keep him inside all day while we all played in the snow. He was allowed to play for a few minutes and luckily it started sleeting and none of us wanted to stay out in that, so we all came in.
I'm so thankful for our neighbors, we really have the best ones! Everyone came outside together at some point to make sure we all had power and to let the kids play. Our neighbor, Josh, who lives across the street basically let Heath borrow his four-wheeler to play with for the day, and they were all excited about that! Another neighbor, Ginger, texted me to tell Cory to come play on her hill with her kids. I love how we know our neighbors and everyone's so friendly! Heath drove Cory to her house and chatted with the adults while I got some quiet time at home during Easton's nap.
See above how Cory's arm is not in the sleeve? Nope, that cast is tucked tight to his chest. He rode with 1 arm. Do I get a Mom-of-the-Year award for this? Or is it revoked for this kind of thing?
The hubs
Wanna see a funny video of our neighbor's snow blooper on his four-wheeler? Around the 40-second mark watch for the neighbor in the background behind Heath, it's hilarious! Please excuse me calling Easton over and over, he's my runaway child and freely roams garages without me.
Happy Snow Day everyone!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment