Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Monday, January 5, 2015

32 Weeks & Baby Shower

Thanksgiving and Christmas totally interrupted my baby blogging so let me do a quick recap!

I had my 29 week apt before Christmas and everything was fantastic. I was measuring 33 weeks and both the nurse and I were surprised it was that much ahead. She said the doc may want to do a quick ultrasound just to see what was going on and left the room. I totally panicked thinking something was wrong and started texting friends/family. Heath didn't want to miss an ultrasound, but more importantly he was working over 4 hours away and kept asking if he needed to come home. I started to worry thinking what if something crazy happened and they sent me straight to the hospital? I didn't have a car seat, an overnight bag, the boys were at school, and I was hungry. Luckily the doctor didn't keep me waiting and she was NOT concerned. She just said that my belly size at this point is irrelevant since so many factors come into play, and can vary so much from one woman to the next. She did not want an ultrasound then as it was only 29 weeks and wouldn't change anything on their end. She ordered an ultrasound for our next apt (this Wed @ 32 weeks) only wanting to see if I have extra fluid. A big baby is okay, fluid is not. Whew. She made me feel so much better, I have an awesome doctor!

My glucose test results were fantastic, they wanted me under 140 & I had a 76 (go me!). Part of the precautions they're taking with this delivery is wanting my iron levels high, which is super hard for a pregnant woman anyways because it's typically lower in pregnancy. Normal is 12, they want mine at 14, and I was at an 11.2. Now I'm on a daily iron supplement- boo. If you've ever taken iron, I need not say more.

The next big news: Our baby has a name!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!

 
I love it (of course)! It's so much fun to think of him as Baby Luke (or "Wuke" as Easton says), or Baby Lucas. I have no idea which one I will say more often as I love both names. I'll just have to meet this handsome fella first! We decided not to introduce a family name as he's the third boy and we felt like we should have done that with the first boy if that was the route we were going to go. We just really liked the names and that was the only one we agreed on. My #1 name was Shepherd. I love that name, but Heath did not. Heath's #1 was Uriah.....um, no. So after we (both) stubbornly held out for months we finally realized we'd (both) have to give up our #1 names and go with something completely different. Luke was thisclose to a "J" name (Joshua, Josiah, Jeremiah), but we steered clear of that too. I think this baby was the hardest to decide. Heath came up with it one night and I was just like, yes, that is it! You get all the credit, babe.
 
I kept saying I'd get the baby's room together after Christmas passed. I had to get through the holidays before I could focus on the next big event, but the nesting thing totally kicked in right before Christmas and I was like- HOW could I not have gotten this done already?!?! I cried- of course- and Heath, always the voice of reason, reminded me that I purposely wanted to wait b/c I didn't want to organize twice-putting the Christmas toys & then moving them again when we prepare for room sharing. Oh yes, okay, that's right. My "big" checklist is done and although my crib bedding is still on order and not in my house, I'm trying to be okay with that!
 
  • car seat/stroller- done
  • crib bedding- done and on the way
  • breast pump- PAID FOR 100% by Aetna- Hallelujah!!!
  • newborn pictures- scheduled
  • baby book- ALREADY filled out the beginning, what?!
  • meal planning- 3 are frozen for future dinners as we speak (my goal is to make 2/week)
 
Am I on fire, or what?
 
Another reason I wanted to wait until after Christmas was my baby shower on January 4th! Pam throws the cutest Pinterest-worthy parties and I was so excited she wanted to throw one for me! I told her the theme for this baby's room and trusted her to make it look great- and she did!! My Aunt Jackie cohosted, and Heath and I were so thankful that Baby Luke would have a special moment to celebrate his arrival. The food was delicious, and it was so nice to spend time with family and friends, some I haven't seen in years! We are so appreciative of Pam & Jackie's efforts to make the afternoon special! 
 
Can you guess what his room will look like?
 







Love the little touches- like having our maternity pics framed!

My lovely corsage!

 

 
Isn't it beautiful?! I know I keep saying that but I loved it. I told Pam we were doing a nautical theme & painting the nursery walls a light gray, and would incorporate red/navy/whites into it and she totally made everything match at the shower so I can use the crafts again in his room- loooove!
 
My 32 week "bump" which is getting alarmingly big....
 


 
And others from the day:
 
















Pam & Jackie, the family that put it all together for me


Me & Mama




 
It was such a fun day...I loved getting to celebrate this little one on the way, and getting to chat with everyone at the shower. It's going to be so fun to fold all these little things into drawers one last time!!!
 
Thank you Pam and Jackie for such a great afternoon, it will always be special to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment