Totally stole Emily Parker's fabulous idea for Mother's Day crafts! She made these cute cookie plates with handprints for Father's Day, and we just changed the wording to make it fit for Mother's Day. I thought it'd be a great gift for grandparents!
I painted each boy's hand and they were able to make the print themselves. We actually did this for 4 women in our lives and we just did all the plates at once. I might not recommend that with younger ones though! I wrote the year and "Happy Mother's Day" on it with Sharpie, and then I was supposed to bake them at 350 for 30 minutes....but they started smoking after a few minutes and I pulled them out before anything caught fire. Oh my- the house STUNK. Emily, I have no idea if I got a different plate than you, or if I did something else wrong, but please feel free to share with me what in the world I did, ha ha! Luckily, they still turned out cute!
Of course everyone got cookies to go with their cookie plate!!
And a little something else just because:
My husband is super crafty, and I love that he made me such a thoughtful gift for Mother's Day! It shows he didn't wait until the day before to think about it either, I love it! I can't remember if I've mentioned wanting a chalkboard, or if he just knows me that well, but I love a to-do list on a cute chalkboard! Painted in my favorite color right now- mint! It's not pictured, but there was also a hot Starbucks waiting on me when I woke up that morning- is he good, or what?
Easton had gotten me some smaller, yellow flowers and Cory made me THE.SWEETEST.CARD.EVER. Like, literally was beyond anything I would have expected. It's absolutely precious and dear to my heart, and I don't even think I'm going to share it here. It's just the sweetest little letter of love.
If I didn't love our church or wasn't a daughter of the King, I still think I'd attend church for those precious Mother's Day crafts. Sunday School teachers- I looooooooooove them!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for helping my children make them!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep them year after year. Easton hand painted an "I love you" picture, and Cory decorated a vase for me (in GA colors!!) with some purple flowers in them. P-recious!
Some candid shots before going to Grandma's for dinner:
Happy Mother's Day!











No comments:
Post a Comment