![]() |
| Look at us with our healthy waters.
How he sits still.
|
It's been SO rainy lately that I haven't taken the boys outside much and you can tell when it comes to naptime/bedtime. Neither one really wanted to sleep! Cory goes to bed at 8, and I could hear him talking in his bed until 10 or 10:30pm! They really do NEED to get their energy out so we packed up one morning and drove to the local park. I didn't want to go far since it was supposed to rain (and it did), but I just let them dress in play clothes and stripped them down before they got in my car to come home. Easton finally took a good nap, and Cory actually had friends come by that afternoon, so there were no complaints at bedtime, and no lying awake in bed until 10pm.
Tuesday we decided to try the $1.00 movies with Easton. I figured if he couldn't handle it, we could leave and a buck wouldn't hurt me too bad. :) Easton is one of those that is slow-to-warm-up and sure enough he cried once we sat down in the theater. (He does it at the beginning of Mommy and Me too, EVERY TIME). I just don't think he understood what was going on and he wanted to get up and run around. Finally once the movie started he got what we were doing and sat in my lap the whole movie. It was the sweetest thing, I never get those kinds of cuddles anymore. It
Easton never cracked a smile, or laugh, throughout the entire movie. He sat there stone-faced in my lap and never made a peep. I was shocked, this is the kid who can't sit still, and it just made me laugh to watch him so serious. I still think the whole experience kind of freaked him out, and I know it exhausted him, b/c he came home and took a 3 hour nap after lunch- best dollar I ever spent!!!!
Just 2 more weeks until school starts, ahhh!!! Trying to hang onto summer with a death grip, and get some more time in with Cory until he starts at the Academy, and we're back to getting up at 6:15am, yuck!




No comments:
Post a Comment